De Les Terres-Cendres.
By Ancestral Ghost
The Elder Scrolls II : Daggerfall
DaggerfallSetup was done for install a ready to play Daggerfall easily on modern Windows Systems.
The game is already patched with the patch 1.07.213 and the official questpack CompUSA Special Edition and work with a already configured DosBox. In option, you can install many unofficial fixes and new quests. (See detail).
Like any Windows Setup, you can install Daggerfall anywhere on your computer. The setup can add a shortcut on your desktop, a folder in your start menu and a quick launch icon. Off course, you can uninstall Daggerfall as easily as you can install it.
DaggerfallSetup is compatible with DaggerXL : You just have to install DaggerfallSetup and change DaggerXL settings for direct into the ARENA2 folder of your DaggerfallSetup installation.
Update : DaggerXL last version is NOT compatible with following Components : DagSkills, DOS32 Advanced DOS Extender, Projet French Daggerfall, Daggerfall RUS Pack, DaggerFall en Español. Don't select them if you want use DaggerXL or back up your FALL.EXE and replace it with an unmodified 2.13 version.
Download: DaggerfallSetup.exe (148Mo)
After the character generation and after your first savegame, don't forget to run EyeOfArgonia.exe for increase view distance.
Each component can be selected or not individually. Official component must be installed.
DOSBox is version 0.74. The Setup was done with Inno Setup 5.5.3.
All components are listed with the name of originals autors. Thanks for their work.
You can see more details in English on theses files on the UESP web page
- The Patch 1.07.213 with Fixmaps.exe.
- The Questpack "CompUSA Special Edition" (Addquest).
- Fixsave 1.75 : Game save repair. Repairs damaged save games which may cause errors in Daggerfall.
- FixedQuests by Donald Tipdon, Fixes : Quests bug-fix.
- DFQFIX 3.2 by PLRDLF : Quests bug-fix.
- Q0C00Y03 Fix by GhanBuriGhan : Quest bug-fix.
- P0B10L08 Fix by Ancestral Ghost : Unlock a vampire quest with misnamed QBN file.
- SPELL.STD Fix by Nwart: Spell Bug-fix.
- MAGIC.DEF Fix by DelphiSnake : Spell Bug-fix.
- FACTIONFIX 1.2 by PLRDLF : Faction-Database bug-fix.
- BIOG00T0.TXT Fix by Uniblab : Fix the faulty Mage's Biography file.
- POLITIC.PAK Fix v2 by Uniblab : Fix for Wrothgarian Mountains enclave.
- DagSkills 0.96 by Ferital & Daneel53 : Fix skills and attributes rising.
- HackFall Release 3 by DelphiSnake. : Compilation of fixes
- Wayrest Dark Elves Fix by Andrew Polis & DelphiSnake : Fix Dark Elves skins for Barenziah, Morgiah, Helseth & Karethys.
- Ebony Blade Fix by DelphiSnake : Fix inventory screen graphics for Ebony Blade
- DOS32 Advanced DOS Extender 9.1.2 by Narech K. : Avoid savegames corruption.
- Xtra Quests 1,2,3,SE,Patch by Skeleton Man : 40 quests.
- Live by the sword by GhanBuriGhan : 5 Fighters Guild quests.
- FixedQuests by Donald Tipdon, New Quests : 5 Thieves Guild quests.
- Pack #1A by Azileron : 7 Mages Guild quests.
- EyeOfArgonia 1.1 by MagikMike : Tool for maximise the view distance.
- US Keyboard Configuration (QWERTY) by default.
- French Keyboard Configuration (AZERTY) for DosBox
Run the game in a Window
Open the DosBox.conf file with a text editor and change fullscreen=true for fullscreen=false.
When you are playing, you can switch screen mode with ALT + ENTER.
Increase view Distance
Simply use EyeOfArgonia.exe for increase the View Distance on all of your Savegames.
You can playwith Daggerfall default graphics, but you can also use a filter for have a smoother Daggerfall. Open the DosBox.conf file with a text editor and change the following :
- Search the line output=Surface and replace surface with ddraw, opengl or openglnb.
- Search the line fullresolution=original and replace original with your screen resolution (1024x768 by example).
- Search the line scaler=normal2x and replace normal2x with normal3x, advmame2x, advmame3x, hq2x, hq3x, 2xsai, super2xsai, supereagle, advinterp2x, advinterp3x, tv2x, tv3x, rgb2x, rgb3x, scan2x or scan3x (You can see examples here).
- Save and exit "dosbox.conf".
Install on a old character ?
You can use your old savegame with DaggerfallSetup. Most of contents won't alter your savegame. However, I commend to finish/cancel all your actives secondary quests before installing quest fixes.
If you want uninstall some contents, it's the same :
- Finish/Cancel your secondary quests before if you want uncheck a quest fixe or a Quest Pack.
- If you use Dagskill, you need to keep it if your stats are upper 100%.
- If you use a translation, some words can remain in your savegame.
And, the most important : do a back up of your save, just in case.
Black screen after introduction video
If you get a Black screen after skipping the introduction video with the mouse, type ALT + ENTER for go in Windowed mode and ALT + ENTER again for return to fullscreen mode.
If you want skip the Introduction video, use Space or Escape but not the mouse for avoid this problem.
Crash on quest Reward
Some people report a game crash which occur when you receive a Reward from quest. We are trying to fix it here. Please report the bug if you get it.
Crash after character creation
If the game crash after the character creation, try to run it with administrator privileges or install Daggerfall in a folder that isn't "Program files".
I don't find my savegame files
If you don't find your savegame and if you installed the game in "Program files", your files may be in the virtual folder :
"C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Daggerfall\"
Contact / Support
A dedicate DaggerfallSetup Forum is at your disposal. If you have a bug or any problem, please report it. I'll try to fix them.
I am always seaching for new bug fixes and translations for this project. Please, tell me if know any fix/Translation project.
Chargement en cours...
Chargement en cours...